Founded in 1921, The Bookstore is a local, independent, student and faculty owned university store that specializes in the best Montana has to offer.
To serve and support the intellectual, artistic, and athletic pursuits of the University of Montana, its students, and the Missoula community by competitively providing the highest quality goods and services.
We strive to be the most refreshing, enlightening, and fun shopping experience in Missoula, as well as a respected and enthusiastic patron of the arts, culture, and spirit of our community.
Our Core Values
- The Griz Shop has the finest selection of officially licensed University of Montana clothing and accessories in the world.
- The Montana Shop is full of unique and high-quality Montana made and inspired products.
- Fact and Fiction lives in the tradition of local independent bookstores who specialize in local authors and amazing service.
- The Art Materials Department is staffed by working artists who specialize in picking out the best materials for your project and who can offer advice, no matter what your skill level.
- Our Technology Department lives at the intersection of education and technology. We can help you find the right tools at academic prices.
- The Course Materials Department offers the course materials you need at competitive prices. We have worked to find innovative ways to lower the cost of education through our book rental program and an industry-shaking comparison tool that helps you find the best price for your book across the web.